Rock Spring Cooperative Preschool, a parent-run, teacher-led cooperative preschool in Arlington, VA, is seeking a Resource Teacher for the upcoming school year (September 2023 - June 2024). The Resource Teacher will work with and across all classes, ages 18 months - 5 years; helping teachers to instruct, supervising children, and setting up materials pertaining to the curriculum. The ideal candidate is a dynamic and enthusiastic individual who is passionate about working with young children and creating a positive and nurturing learning environment.
Founded in 1943, Rock Spring is the oldest cooperative preschool in Arlington. The philosophy
of the school is “learn through play,” and responsibilities will include planning lessons and
curriculum within this philosophy, as well as facilitating child-directed play.
Tuesdays through Fridays from 9:15 am to 12:00 pm, reporting at least 30 minutes before school starts and remaining at least 15 minutes after school. Potential for Mondays needed as well.
● Float between existing classrooms, helping teachers to instruct, supervising children, and setting up materials pertaining to the curriculum
● Set-up the playground before school and pack-up at the end of school
● Prepare project materials for teachers
● Dedicate time to special projects which may include enhancing learn through play activities during outdoor time
● Participate in professional development opportunities
● Adhere to licensing regulations
● Perform administrative assistance in the preschool office, filing and organizing, etc.
● Experience working with young children
● Strong understanding of child development and early childhood education best practices
● Ability to create and implement developmentally appropriate activities
● Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
● CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain)
● Ability to pass a background check
● Knowledge of the “learn through play” philosophy (preferred)
Please send a resume and cover letter to the Director if interested in applying: